Editor's Choice: Scroll below for our monthly blend of mainstream and alternative news and views for April 2017
The Atlantic, Has Trump Kept His Campaign Promises? David A. Graham, April 29, 2017. As the 100-day mark of Donald Trump’s presidency approaches, April 29, but who’s counting, other than the White House? A review of how well he’s kept his campaign promises shows an administration that’s struggling to enact an ambitious agenda.
Among Trump’s most central promises, his border wall is shaping up slowly, but there’s still no reason to believe Mexico will pay for it. His Muslim immigration ban is frozen in court, beset by constitutional problems. Obamacare repeal died but has risen, zombie-like, and its future is unclear. Tax reform now seems like a remote possibility, though tax cuts are a real possibility.
New York Times, Trump Savages News Media at Rally to Mark His 100th Day, Mark Landler, April 29, 2017. President Trump came to a farm expo center here on Saturday to celebrate his first 100 days in office by bathing in the support of his bedrock supporters, reprising the populist themes of his campaign and savaging a familiar foe: the news media. In a rally timed to coincide with an annual dinner of the White House press corps in Washington, which he declined to attend, Mr. Trump laced into what he referred to as “the failing New York Times,” as ...
The Justice Integrity Project (JIP) researches official misconduct
Get New Articles by Email
Broadcast and lecture audiences can count on the Project's director to deliver blunt, entertaining and cutting-edge commentary about public affairs, with practical tips for the millions of Americans caught up in unfair litigation or regulation.
Based in Washington, DC, Andrew Kreig is an accomplished fighter for the public interest. Learn from his decades of reporting, analysis and advocacy:
• Shocking tales of recent corruption, deception and cover-up by both parties in communities ranging from small towns to world capitals; and
• Practical how-to tips for reformers on action that brings real-world results.
Past News Reports
- April 2017 News Reports
- March 2017 News Reports
- February 2017 News Reports
- January 2017 News Reports
- December 2016 News Reports
- November 2016 News Reports
- October 2016 News Reports
- September 2016 News Reports
- August 2016 News Reports
- July 2016 News Reports
- June 2016 News Reports
- May 2016 News Reports
- April News Reports 2016
- March 2016 News Reports
- February 2016 News Reports
- January 2016 News Reports
Find a Post
- Time Magazine, History Channel Ramp Up Oswald-JFK Fake News
- Alabama Blogger, Not Mainstream Media, Exposed State House Scandal
- Conniving Supreme Court Gorsuch Backers Deserved Tough Tactics
- At CAPA Forum, JFK Experts See Need, Momentum For Assassination Records
- Senators Must Block Trump Labor Pick Until They Review Evidence Of Teen Sex Trafficking Cover Up, Other Scandals