Editor's Choice: Scroll below for our monthly blend of mainstream and alternative news and views for April 2017
Army Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, February 18, 2014. Photo credit: Kristyn Ulanda / JFK Jr. Forum / Defense Intelligence Agency
New York Times, Omissions by Flynn on Russia May Have Been Illegal, Enmarie Huetteman and Adam Goldman, April 25, 2017. Michael T. Flynn, President Trump’s first national security adviser, may have violated federal law by not fully disclosing his business dealings with Russia when seeking a security clearance to work in the White House, top House oversight lawmakers from both parties asserted on Tuesday. The revelation came after Representative Jason Chaffetz, Republican of Utah and chairman of the House oversight committee, and other lawmakers on the panel examined classified documents related to Mr. Flynn, including a form he filled out in January 2016 to receive his security clearance. The form is known as an SF-86 and is required by anyone in the government who handles classified information.
As part of the review, Representative Elijah E. Cummings of Maryland, the committee’s senior Democrat, said Mr. Flynn did not disclose in those documents payments totaling more than $45,000 that he received from the Russian government for giving a speech in Moscow in 2015, among others. The development is the latest trouble for Mr. ...
The Justice Integrity Project (JIP) researches official misconduct
Get New Articles by Email
Broadcast and lecture audiences can count on the Project's director to deliver blunt, entertaining and cutting-edge commentary about public affairs, with practical tips for the millions of Americans caught up in unfair litigation or regulation.
Based in Washington, DC, Andrew Kreig is an accomplished fighter for the public interest. Learn from his decades of reporting, analysis and advocacy:
• Shocking tales of recent corruption, deception and cover-up by both parties in communities ranging from small towns to world capitals; and
• Practical how-to tips for reformers on action that brings real-world results.
Past News Reports
- April 2017 News Reports
- March 2017 News Reports
- February 2017 News Reports
- January 2017 News Reports
- December 2016 News Reports
- November 2016 News Reports
- October 2016 News Reports
- September 2016 News Reports
- August 2016 News Reports
- July 2016 News Reports
- June 2016 News Reports
- May 2016 News Reports
- April News Reports 2016
- March 2016 News Reports
- February 2016 News Reports
- January 2016 News Reports
Find a Post
- Alabama Blogger, Not Mainstream Media, Exposed State House Scandal
- Conniving Supreme Court Gorsuch Backers Deserved Tough Tactics
- At CAPA Forum, JFK Experts See Need, Momentum For Assassination Records
- Senators Must Block Trump Labor Pick Until They Review Evidence Of Teen Sex Trafficking Cover Up, Other Scandals
- Did Trump's Labor Pick Protect Trump, Rich Rapists, Tax Cheats, Crooked Bankers?