As the 52nd anniversary of President John F. Kennedy's death approaches this weekend, the murder and cover up hold great lessons for understanding current events.
The following are points this editor discusses Nov. 21 at the Annual JFK Assassination Conference Nov. 20-22 at the Crowne Plaza Downtown Hotel in Dallas.
- JFK was one of the last leaders to fight Wall Street’s war complex. Most leaders are talented puppets who are highly beholden — but not completely — to behind-the-scenes controllers whose true loyalties sometimes are not known even to the office holders;
- Puppet masters, provocateurs, foreign agents, assassins, moles, cutouts, cover-up artists and career-minded opportunists have beguiled a distracted public into letting our watchdog institutions in Congress, the courts, bureaucracies, universities, and media shirk their duty to provide effective remedies;
- Grassroots action by those armed with true facts and effective strategies can and must rescue the country.
President Obama is struggling now in Syria to withstand strong escalation pressures from the bipartisan military-intelligence complex. This is similar to the pressures President Kennedy faced from the war establishment to escalate against Cuba, the Soviet Union and in Vietnam in 1962 and 1963.
Author Peter Dale Scott of the University of California at Berkeley and shown in a photo is a confirmed speaker also. Scott, shown in a file photo, popularized the terms "Deep Politics" and "Deep State" beginning with his books on the JFK assassination.
Selected JFK Assassination Memorials, Protests, Other Events
JFK Lancer Productions and Publications, Adolphus Hotel, Dallas, TX. From Nov. 20-22, JFK Lancer holds its annual conference on the assassination and Warren Commission report in Dallas. Speakers include: Moderator Alan Dale, Bill Garnet, Jacque Lueth, Russ Baker, Jacob Carter, Jim DiEugenio, Sherry Fiester, John Hunt, William Law, Jim Jenkins, Dr. David Mantik, Gary Murr, Bill Simpich, Pat Speer, David Talbot, Larry Hancock, Stu Wexler. Details. JFK Lancer (named for the JFK's Secret Service code name "Lancer") is a historical research company specializing in the administration and assassination of President John F. Kennedy. It was founded in 1995 by Thomas A. Jones and Debra J. Conway, with the latter its current president. Its description: "We subscribe to the values of patriotism, excellence, integrity and dedication to the revealing of truth surrounding the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. Our goal is to make research materials concerning Kennedy's assassination easily available to everyone. Our prime concern is the accuracy of history and the true story of the turbulent 1960s."
The third Annual JFK Assassination Conference will be in Dallas at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, three blocks from Dealey Plaza, Nov. 20-22, 2015. "New witnesses and highly respected researchers will be presenting the truth about the Kenned assassination," says founder Judyth Vary Baker, who knew Lee Harvey Oswald and has been fighting for his exoneration. "At this conference, we do not debate whether Oswald killed Kennedy. Every speaker knows that Lee was a patsy, just as he said. Instead, we look at who had the means, the motives and the opportunity not only to kill Kennedy, but to direct the media for over 50 years to cover it up. The people have always resisted the lie that Oswald shot Kennedy. At this conference, they'll get the truth." Details.
Reopen Kennedy Case is a 2015 conference Nov. 21-22 at the Mercure in Melbourne. Australia. A major organizer is Greg Parker, author of Lee Harvey Oswald's Cold War: Why the Kennedy Assassination Should Be Reinvestigated. He describes the mission of the conference and a related web forum of the same name as follows: "To have the Kennedy assassination reopened by developing new leads and evidence, re-examination of old leads and evidence, the development and encouragement of new ideas and the innovative use of social media. Along the way, we will take this mission seriously -- not ourselves." For details, visit website or email rokcevents (at) reopenkennedycase.org.
Justice Integrity Project Readers Guide To JFK Assassination
* Denotes major articles in this Readers Guide series
At right is a photo by this editor in Dallas showing Dealey Plaza. The Texas Book Depository Building where Oswald worked is behind the row of trees. The car in the center lane is near the location of President Kennedy's limo at the time of his fatal shooting.
- Project Launches JFK Assassination Readers' Guide, Oct. 16, 2013.
- Project Provides JFK Readers Guide To New Books, Videos, Oct. 26, 2013. This is a list of new books and films in 2013.
- Disputes Erupt Over NY Times, New Yorker, Washington Post Reviews of JFK Murder, Nov. 7, 2013. *
- Self-Censorship In JFK TV Treatments Duplicates Corporate Print Media's Apathy, Cowardice, Nov. 7, 2013.
- 'Puppetry' Hardback Launched Nov. 19 at DC Author Forum on ‘White House Mysteries & Media,' Nov. 19, 2013.
- Major Media Stick With Oswald 'Lone Gunman' JFK Theory, Nov. 27, 2013.
- JFK Murder Scene Trapped Its Victim In Kill Zone, Nov. 30, 2013.
- Project Lists JFK Assassination Reports, Archives, Videos, Events, Nov. 2, 2013. Leading video, events and archives from the last 50 years. *
- JFK Murder, The CIA, and 8 Things Every American Should Know, Dec. 9, 2013. The CIA implicated itself in the cover-up, according to experts who have spoken out. *
- JFK Murder Prompts Expert Reader Reactions, Dec. 19, 2013. Reactions to our Dec. 9 column.
- Have Spy Agencies Co-Opted Presidents and the Press? Dec. 23, 2013. *
- Don't Be Fooled By 'Conspiracy Theory' Smears, May 26, 2014. *
- Experts To Reveal Secrets of JFK Murder, Cover-up at Sept. 26-28 DC Forum , Sept. 5, 2014.
- Washington Post Still Selling Warren Report 50 Years Later, Sept. 22, 2014. *
- JFK Experts To Explode Myths, Sign Books In DC Sept. 26-28, Sept. 24, 2014.
- Former Cuban Militant Leader Claims CIA Meeting With Oswald Before JFK Killing, Sept. 27, 2014. *
- JFK Readers Guide: Assassination Books, Reports, Oct. 15, 2014. *
- Former House JFK Murder Prober Alleges CIA ‘Lied,’ Seeks Hidden Records, Oct. 18, 2014. *
- The JFK Murder 'Cover-up' Still Matters -- As Does C-SPAN's Coverage, Nov. 11, 2014. *
- JFK, Nov. 22 and the Continuing Cover-Up, Nov. 24, 2014. *
- JFK Assassination Readers Guide To 2013-14 Events, Nov. 28, 2014. *
- CIA, Empowered by JFK Murder Cover-up, Blocks Senate Torture Report, Dec. 1, 2014. *
- Nearly Too Late, Public Learns of Bill Moyers’ Conflicts Over PBS, LBJ, Jan. 2, 2014.
- Why Bill O'Reilly's Lie About JFK's Murder Might Matter To You, March 17, 2015.
- Free Videos Show Shocking Claims About CIA, JFK Murder Probes, June 29, 2015.
- Pioneering Black Secret Service JFK Guard Abraham Bolden Warns Of Current Lessons, July 22, 2015.
- Understanding Hollywood-Style Presidential Propaganda From JFK To Trump, Aug. 18, 2015.
- Beware Of Wrong Conclusions From New CIA Disclosure On Oswald, Sept. 28, 2015.
- The JFK Murder Cover-Up: Your Rosetta Stone To Today’s News, Nov. 29, 2015.
- Austin Kiplinger, David Skorton: Two Civic Giants Going And Coming, Dec. 15, 2015
- Trump Alleges Rafael Cruz Tie To JFK Murder Suspect Oswald, May 3, 2016.
- Revelations Confirm Proof Of JFK, RFK Murder Cover-ups, Nov. 25, 2016
JIP Editor's Other Recommended Columns
WhoWhatWhy, The Mystery of the Constant Flow of JFK Disinformation, Russ Baker and Milicent Crano, Nov. 24, 2015. For decades, the mainstream media have been promoting, mostly through TV specials, the government-approved story of John F. Kennedy’s assassination. But those who were inclined to believe it before may have become more skeptical, ironically, because of these shows, most of which have been slick infomercials using junk science. And each one just provides more embarrassing evidence of a cover up. Below, we present a small sample of this mind-opening evidence, along with an essay that explores the mystery of why these attempts keep coming.
WhoWhatWhy, The CIA, Mafia, Mexico — and Oswald, Part 1 of a six-part series, Peter Dale Scott book excerpts, Nov. 22-27, 2015. When John F. Kennedy was assassinated on November 22, 1963, the United States lost more than its president. It lost its innocence. The subsequent investigations into the young president’s killing raised more questions than they answered — and caused Americans to lose faith in their government. Indeed, for many people in the US and across the world, the assassination marked the point at which their fundamental perceptions changed. Just after the Warren Commission released its report on the assassination, the level of public trust in government was at 77 percent. A decade later it had plummeted to less than half that (36 percent).
Kennedy’s death and the circumstances surrounding it gave birth to a movement. This movement, composed of all kinds of people, is dedicated to investigating the story behind the story, to exposing the power networks hidden beneath surface events. These machinations have been dubbed “Deep Politics.” Those who study it believe there is much more to national and world events than what the public is told by government officials and evening newscasters — and, as you will see, Peter Dale Scott proves it. On the occasion of the anniversary of Kennedy’s assassination, WhoWhatWhy is pleased to present excerpts from Chapter 2 of Scott’s latest work: Dallas ’63: The First Deep State Revolt Against the White House by Peter Dale Scott (Open Road Media, September, 2015).
Separately, San Francisco attorney and prominent JFK Assassination researcher Bill Simpich (shown in a file photo) has published on OpEd News a series so far in 12 parts on "The Twelve Who Built the Oswald Legend." The series began in 2010 with: The JFK Case: The Twelve Who Built the Oswald Legend (Part One: Mother, Meyer, and the Spotters)
The most relevant segment to George de Mohrenschildt is Part 7: The hand-off from De Mohrenschildt to the Paines:
OpEdNews, The JFK Case: The Twelve Who Built the Oswald Legend (Part 7: The hand-off from De Mohrenschildt to the Paines), Bill Simpich, Oct. 22, 2011. When Oswald and his family returned to the Dallas-Fort Worth area from the Soviet Union, they knew that they had make contacts if they were going to put food on the table. Dallas oilman/spy George de Mohrenschildt became a benefactor to the Oswald family, providing them with money and contacts after their return to the US from the Soviet Union. De Mohrenschildt's lawyer Max Clark was also General Dynamics' industrial security consultant and a leader within the White Russian community. Oswald contacted Max Clark's wife shortly after his return, explaining that the Texas Employment Commission had referred her to him as a Russian-speaker and that his wife would like to spend time with another Russian-speaker. Oswald had legend makers precisely because he and his wife presented a perceived threat to national security. De Mohrenschildt visited and exchanged cards and letters with CIA official J. Walton Moore on a regular basis during the fifties and sixties. Moore wrote a memo in 1977 claiming that he only met de Mohrenschildt twice, in 1958 and in 1961. Moore's hazy memory on the number of visits was exposed by the House Select Committee on Assassinations. De Mohrenschildt revealed a few hours before his death that Moore took him to lunch in late 1961, and described to him an ex-Marine in Minsk in whom the CIA had "interest." In the summer of 1962, an associate of Moore suggested that de Mohrenschildt might want to meet Oswald. De Mohrenschildt then called Moore, suggesting that suitable payback would be a little help by the State Department with an oil exploration deal in Haiti.
The first part of the series is, with additional segments listed below in reverse chronological order. A photo of the Oswalds is via the National Archives:
OpEd News, The JFK Case: The Twelve Who Built the Oswald Legend (Part One: Mother, Meyer, and the Spotters), Bill Simpich, Aug. 22. 2010. With millions of documents released in the years since the JFK Act was passed in the nineties, the intelligence backgrounds of the twelve who built the Oswald legend have come into focus. A legend maker can range from a "babysitter" who just keeps an eye on the subject to someone handing out unequivocal orders. I count twelve of them, and I'll tell you about them here in this series of essays here.
- 08/22/2010 The JFK Case: The Twelve Who Built the Oswald Legend (Part I: Mother, Meyer, and the Spotters)
- 09/02/2010 The JFK Case: The Twelve Who Built the Oswald Legend (Part 2: An Instant Visa Gets The Marine Into Moscow)
- 12/06/2010 The JFK Case: The Twelve Who Built the Oswald Legend (Part 3: Counterintelligence goes molehunting with Oswald's file)
- 11/16/2010 The JFK Case: The Twelve Who Built the Oswald Legend (Part 4: When the U-2 Goes Down, Oswald is Ready to Return)
- 12/27/2010 The JFK Case: The Twelve Who Built the Oswald Legend (Part 5: The Double Dangle)
- 11/22/2011 The JFK Case: The Twelve Who Built the Oswald Legend (Part 6: White Russians Keep An Eye On Oswald In Dallas)
- 06/03/2012 The JFK Case: The Twelve Who Built the Oswald Legend (Part 7: The hand-off from De Mohrenschildt to the Paines)
- 06/04/2012 The JFK Case: The Twelve Who Built the Oswald Legend (Part 8: The CIA-Army Intelligence Mambo)
- 08/30/2012 The JFK Case: The Twelve Who Built the Oswald Legend (Part 9: Oswald Takes Center Stage As An Intelligence Asset)
- 07/26/2013 The JFK Case: The Twelve Who Built the Oswald Legend (Part 10: Nightmare in Mexico City)
- 12/21/2014 The JFK Case: The Twelve Who Built the Oswald Legend (Part 11: The Paines Carry the Weight)
- 12/31/2014 The JFK Case: The Twelve Who Built the Oswald Legend (Part 12: The Endgame)